Hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.
xoxo-The Everyday Bombshell
The season is here! This time is to enjoy shopping, decorations, cold weather and enjoying time with your loved ones. But it is also important to remember those less fortunate than us. Giving back can be the most rewarding of all. Whether you do it with your friends, family or co-workers, it will make you, your team, your company, feel great.
There are so many ways to give. Here are some ideas on how you can give back:
- Give Blood – Every year millions of people in the United States need a blood transfusion. One pint of blood can save up to three lives. If you are able to donate some blood. Visit The Red Cross.
- Make a Donation to your Favorite Charity– add your favorite charity to your gift list. Another great idea is giving a donation in someone’s name, this is a great gift .
- Social Networking – Just about everyone has a facebook page these days, including many charities. Give a few minutes to a charity of your choice by visiting their facebook or twitter pages and suggesting them to become friends , or linking them on you page. This is an easiest way to help spread awareness to your cause.
- Throw an Event for your Charity -Increase the size of your donation by throwing an event for your favorite charity. By giving a little time and a gathering a good group of friends you can combine fun and doing good by holding an event in the charity’s honor. The gathering can be a party in which you encourage awareness or perhaps even require a small donation to the charity of your choice to attend the party. Here’s a little guide on how to plan a party for charity.
- Adopt a Pet – So many animals are left homeless, if you are looking to get a new pet this holiday season, please consider visiting your local animal shelters. The best dog I ever had was a boxer who we found, it seemed like he knew and was grateful we had rescued him. Websites like Petfinder.com, are bring the adoption process online, so you can find the perfect pet from anywhere you may be.
- Go Through Your Closet and Donate Old Clothes – The holiday is a perfect time for new beginnings. Clean out your closet and donate the clothes you no longer use to your local Salvation Army, Goodwill or a local homeless shelter.
- Participate in a Food Drive – Food Drives help deliver food to families in need that live in your community. They are usually organized in school or at work
- Volunteer your time– Combine your holiday time off with a little vacation and volunteering for a worth while cause. Many charities don’t have as much support as they need, donating a day or two to a local charity chapter can make a big difference. Contact your local charity for volunteer opportunities. I also suggest the Hands On Network.
- Toys for Tots– A toy drive done by the U.S Marines, which collects new, unwrapped toys for needy children in local communities.